Life as I know it


Saturday, November 29, 2008
In high school, I was never much of a partier. I went to quite a few parties throughout the years, but I never drank, and it was something that I was really proud of. When I left for college, I wasn't quite sure if my habits or feelings about parties would change. I can now say that my habits have not changed, and the party scene is much different in college. In college, parties are a common occurrence. At first, I found it outrageous that some of my friends were going out on a Tuesday night. It's been something that I have kind of grown used to though, any time is a good time for a party in college. When I was enjoying my last few weeks of summer vacation before leaving home I wasn't really sure if my choice to always stay sober would be accepted within my peers. My first college party I was relieved to find that many people didn't drink, and I made some good friends that night. Actually, it is something that is really respected by college students. I cant tell you how many times someone asks if I want a drink, I reply saying "No, I don't drink" and then they respond saying "wow, I really respect that", or something of the sort.  I still wouldn't consider myself a partier. I'd prefer a movie, junk food, and some close friends in a room over a party any night. It's always nice to do something different once and a while, just always remember to say true to yourself and to not let anyone pressure you into something that makes you uncomfortable. 

Defy Gravity and Keep Smiling,
Dawn

Posted by UADawn at 12:57 PM |

0 Comments: